The Challenge: To redefine the way of working for staff at La Trobe University in an Exemplar Workplace pilot.
- To redefine the way of working for staff at La Trobe University in an Exemplar Workplace pilot.
- Bring the Research Portfolio staff together as a team.
- Make the Research Portfolio accessible to researchers.
- Make visitors and collaborators feel welcome.
- Integrate collaboration into the workflow and provide a diversity of work settings to accommodate a broad range of tasks and functions.
- Incorporate a large central breakout, Welcome Area, with a drinks station to encourage visitors to the space.
- Provide semi-enclosed ‘Studios’ for teams of 4-6 people. Each work position is unallocated and the boundaries are blurred between teams to allow for overflow and crossover between teams.
- Support the studio spaces with a variety of alternative spaces for different tasks, such as quiet rooms and collaborative zones.
- This workplace breaks new ground, but in some ways is back to the future. Here, walls are used differently, teams support and connect people. It presents a paradigm shift in workplace design.
- Transition to a more collaborative, accessible office in a team environment.
- Maximisation of space on the floorplate through innovative design.
Where: Melbourne Campus, Bundoora
Value: $3 m
Services: Workplace Design, Workplace Strategy