To build a workplace that would help build intimate customer relations by developing more cohesion, participation and co-operation among the people doing things.
- Create a culture that puts the customer at the top of the hierarchy.
- Build new systems that enable real time access to customer information across functions.
- Encourage greater sharing of ideas, knowledge and information across the two parts of the organisation.
- Senior management are assigned a ‘Mentoring Nook’ rather than an enclosed office.
- All customer documents are recorded and shared by a central ‘drop box’.
- Staff integration and interaction is supported by a central circulation ‘Piazza’.
- Generous personal space and variety of collaboration settings that provide teams with a sense of identity and acoustic privacy.
- 21% increase in productivity and engagement
- 56% improved meeting and collaboration
- 51% increase in ability to accommodate visitors
- 37% improvement in sharing and management of resources
- 30% increase in communication and learning across groups
The project team won the 2014 Architectural Services Award Commendation for the outcomes delivered on this project.